- Please refrain from sending students to the bathroom before 1st Core begins.
- Effective 9.28.15 ALL student book bags are required to be in their lockers. Drawstring bags containing P.E. materials are the only bags permitted in classrooms.
- Update class rosters for Fire or Lockdown Drills
- In the event that you need to run off campus please be sure to notify Ms. Douglas and me before leaving.
- PowerSchool needs to be updated weekly
- Thank you team for rallying together and participating in “National No One Eats Alone Day.” (I know it was last minute and a bit confusing. It was an honor to be the grade level chosen to pilot the program.)
- Our presence is direly needed during our initial Encore transition. Thank you in advance for reporting to your supervision posts.
- This week my walk-throughs will focus on “Gradual Release –Me” Activities.
How much teacher talk is present vs. student talk?
Is our instruction efficient in helping all of our students and their learning styles?
If students are asking questions after direct instruction is it a sign of student inquisition or is it a sign that we weren’t clear enough with our instruction?
Is our direct instruction planned with the end in mind?
- Remind students returning from lunch that food items must be put away or discarded in the lunchroom. (Someone is clogging the toilets in both bathrooms with oranges and apples.) Thanks for your help.
- Our discipline referrals are on the rise compared to last year this time. Let’s be proactive and call parents, schedule conferences, or even squeeze in a home visit.
- Spelling Bee Reception – Room 701 (8:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.) – 2.17.16
- Basketball Tourney – (2.16.16 – 2.19.16 & 2.22.16) – Games tip off 4:30 p.m. & 6 p.m. nightly
- Early Release – 2.17.16 – (1:50 p.m. Dismissal) – AG Professional Development
- Sweet Treats – Media Center (Have you brought in your sweet treat?)
- No PLC Meeting – 2.18.16
- AP Training – 2.18.16 – (I’ll be in at 1 p.m.)
- Interims Go Home – 2.25.16
- A Complaint Free World: 5 Ways to Respond
- 20 Things We Should Say More Often
- Teacher, do you realize what it’s like to be me?
- How to do Direct Instruction?