- Please refrain from sending students to the bathroom before 1st Core begins.
- Effective 9.28.15 ALL student book bags are required to be in their lockers. Drawstring bags containing P.E. materials are the only bags permitted in classrooms.
- Update class rosters for Fire or Lockdown Drills
- In the event that you need to run off campus please be sure to notify Ms. Douglas and me before leaving.
- PowerSchool needs to be updated weekly
- Our presence is direly needed during our initial Encore transition. Thank you in advance for reporting to your supervision posts.
- This week my walk-throughs will focus on “Gradual Release –Me” Activities.
How much teacher talk is present vs. student talk?
Is our instruction efficient in helping all of our students and their learning styles?
If students are asking questions after direct instruction is it a sign of student inquisition or is it a sign that we weren’t clear enough with our instruction?
Is our direct instruction planned with the end in mind?
- Remind students returning from lunch that food items must be put away or discarded in the lunchroom. (Someone is clogging the toilets in both bathrooms with oranges and apples.) Thanks for your help.
- Our discipline referrals are on the rise compared to last year this time. Let’s be proactive and call parents, schedule conferences, or even squeeze in a home visit.
- Baseball/Softball/Golf/Track Tryouts Begin – 2.24.16
- PLC Meeting – 2.25.16
- Interims Go Home – 2.25.16 – (Print Interims for 4th Core)
- Teacher Content Meetings – 3.1.16
- Battle of the Book Competition – 3.10.16
- Cowboy Community Night – 3.11.16
- A Complaint Free World: 5 Ways to Respond
- 20 Things We Should Say More Often
- Teacher, do you realize what it’s like to be me?
- How to do Direct Instruction?
- The Process to Reach Your Unmotivated Students – Podcast