The Final … 7th Grade Weekly Memo
- Please refrain from sending students to the bathroom before 1st Core begins.
- Effective 9.28.15 ALL student book bags are required to be in their lockers. Drawstring bags containing P.E. materials are the only bags permitted in classrooms.
- Update class rosters for Fire or Lockdown Drills
- In the event that you need to run off campus please be sure to notify Ms. Douglas and me before leaving.
- PowerSchool needs to be updated weekly
- If you need coverage for a classroom break please call me or a teammate to supervise your class. Leaving students unsupervised in a classroom is a dangerous professional practice that we cannot continue.
- Ms. Douglas has made mention about the number of unsupervised students sitting or standing outside of our classrooms. Going forward if a student needs a place to work on an assignment, consult a team member and send the student to their class. In the case you need to speak with a student outside your class please do so in a timely manner and transition the student back into class.
- Starting 3/7/16 – All students are to remain off the hall in the morning. (We are experiencing a high number of students wandering the hall aimlessly) All 7th Grade Tutoring students must produce a pass to gain access to the hallway. Thank you for your support.
Here it is folks…The final 7th Weekly Memo of the Year!!!
- It is my earnest intention to complete all post and summative conferences by Friday of this week.
- Girls are in P.E. –Boys shouldn’t have drawstring bags/ book bags
- GCS Safe Schools Training – Be sure all your trainings are complete before you leave for the summer.
- During this time of the year behavior documentation is critical. Please be sure you are documenting all interventions.
- Revisit your dismissal procedures with your classes. All classes should exit with their teacher.
- Locker Turn in/Clean Out Schedule
Coyotes – 1st Core
Silver Spurs – 2nd Core
Wranglers – 3rd Core
- Please be intentional about your instructional plans leading up to the final days of school. Movies shown in your classes must have a curricular tie in and demonstrate the evidence of planning. If you are unsure whether one of your instructional activities meets the above criteria please email me or Ms. Douglas for approval.
- If you need certificates for our Awards Day on June 8th they are available in the front office.
- June 6th – 9th – Testing Make Ups
- June 7th – Locker Turn in/Clean Out (See the above schedule)
- June 8th – Team Awards for Students
- June 9th – 7th Grade Ice Cream Sundaes – 1:30pm (Completed by team)
- June 10th – Last Day for Students/8th Grade Promotion
- June 13 & 14th – Optional Teacher Workdays
- June 14 – End of Year Checklist Due